The PMA supports ongoing research as an integral part of the evolution and practice of the Pilates method.
Sound research and evidence-based practice is necessary to ensure that Pilates is effective, efficient, and safe. Validation of the Method is not only important to practitioners, but also to clients/patients and to all other professionals participating in health and wellness.
The PMA encourages Pilates teachers to get involved with conducting research and submitting reports on their findings by creating Case Reports which can be shared with the community.
- Purpose: To foster ongoing research into the Pilates Method
- Who it’s for: Pilates teachers and researchers!
- How to get involved: Submit an abstract for presentation at the next PMA conference or read through our library of abstracts.
Industry surveys are a valuable tool for the Pilates market. They help Pilates professionals gain insight into the field and identify emerging trends.
Download a copy of the 2016 Pilates in America Study (conducted by the Pilates Method Alliance and Pilates Anytime) to see the key takeaways and trends.
- Purpose: To gain insight into the field
- Who it’s for: Everyone!
- How to get involved: Participate in our next survey.