Professional Liability Insurance
As a Pilates professional, your focus may be on building your practice, but did you know that it’s equally important to protect it—and yourself—as it grows? A single claim against the instruction you provide can take a substantial amount of your time away from your work and it can cost thousands of dollars to defend—even if you’re found innocent.
The PMA, through partnership with Lockton Affinity (for USA Members) has created insurance policies specific to the needs of our members. These PMA-endorsed Professional Liability Insurance policies are available to Pilates teachers, Pilates teacher-trainers and also Pilates students.
Due to new state regulations, Lockton has had to reconfigure their application process. As such, there are two (2) ways for PMA members to have their applications processed – online and via email.
If you reside in the following states, your applications may be processed online and coverage is immediate upon payment:
AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KY, MD, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NH, NJ, NE, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, RI, SC, TN, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV
DE, FL, KS, LA, MA, ME, NY, PA, SD, TX, WA, WY.
- Fill out the PDF application electronically.
- You are allowed to print and sign or you can complete an electronic signature.
- Submit application via email to Lockton_Info@LocktonAffinity.com.
- Once Lockton receives the application, PMA member will receive link to make payment through Lockton’s payment portal.
- The insurance will be active as of 12:01am the next day after payment is received.
- The Certificate of Insurance will be issued soon after, HOWEVER, coverage is immediate after payment is received.
Please note the following requirements related to for PDF fillable form:
- If you live in the following states, the form only applies to new insurance requests not insurance renewals: CA, DE, FL, KS, LA, MA, ME, NY, PA, SD, TX, WA, WY
- This new process is only for a limited time as Lockton is currently refiling and waiting on the listed states’ approval to be finalized in the above-mentioned states.
Members outside the United States
Become a member today!