The PMA elevates the Pilates profession, helping our members build more effective and successful practices, and educating the public about the lifelong benefits of Pilates, so that everyone in the world can move better.
Our Core Values
The PMA core values speak to who we are as an organization and how we interact and engage with our members, staff, board, partners, and the broader community.
The PMA is committed to building a professional association that is Diverse, Equitable and Inclusive.
We are open and welcome to all. We seek to cultivate an inclusive space for all dimensions of diversity.
- We embrace accessibility for every body and we actively engage with the broader Pilates community and industry stakeholders.
- We respect one another. We foster a judgment free zone and expect our members to operate by the PMA Code of Ethics.
The PMA is committed to creating a Positive Member Experience in every way.
- We are transparent in our interactions with members and always model authentic leadership.
- We cultivate community by 1) creating intentional opportunities for community connection and 2) creating a culturally competent association that is sensitive to all.
- We always strive for excellence in response to the needs of all of our stakeholders.
The PMA is dedicated to Education and Advocacy and believe both are critical to the professionalism of Pilates practice.
- We support the development of research practices for the science of Pilates.
- We disseminate and encourage the use of research findings to promote evidence-based practice.
- We educate Pilates professionals on best practices in the profession.
- We elevate the standards of the Pilates industry by: 1) supporting third-party Pilates certification for teachers and teacher trainers; 2) creating strategic partnerships with other fitness and health associations, and 3) promoting best practices in Pilates education through the International Teacher Training Program Accreditation for Pilates (ITTAP).
- We support, influence and inform legislative and regulatory issues affecting Pilates professionals.
- To support and advocate for Pilates professionals
- To serve as a unifying body for all lineages and schools of Pilates
- To foster community, integrity, and respect within the Pilates industry
- To facilitate opportunity, credibility, and professionalism
- To encourage professional development and lifelong learning
- To serve the evolving needs of our community
- To promote the benefits of Pilates to the public and allied professionals
- To serve as an information resource for all Pilates constituents
Become a member today!